Monday, November 7, 2011

A statement to the Greeks and EU


Now, I do not claim to be an expert on European affairs (nor would I want to be an expert on European affairs).  However, even I know that Greece did not meet the requirements to be part of the EU, nor did it meet the requirements to be part of the Euro zone.  Now, if you admit a state that does not qualify, you set yourself up for failure.  So, if the crash of Greece causes a Euro zone collapse, so be it.  If the collapse of Greece shows problems of the EU, so be it. 

Greece, your options are limited.  You can take the bailout and meet the austerity requirements.  You can eschew the bailout and financially collapse.  You can remove yourself from the Euro zone--drachmas anybody?  In any of these scenarios it becomes obvious that the government can no longer be the sow upon which the population suckles.  Hey Greeks, you may have to work 40 hours per week and actually pay for your own retirement.  Oh, by the way, your property is worth nothing, your attraction for foreign capital investment is nil, and you make lousy wine. 

Of course, we must be polite so we can not tell the EU and Greece to buzz off.  We must expend great effort to find an "equitable solution" to the problems of the Euro zone.  Why you ask?  Simple, because I do pay for my retirement and I do not want to see a market collapse that kills the value of the retirement account that I am paying for each week as I work 60-70 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment