Thursday, November 3, 2011

Celebrity Boxing Matches

Ok. so I read the sports pages of too many newspapers and a few wire services because I am a sports junkie.  College football, baseball, and basketball are my favorites and there is absolutely not enough college baseball coverage.  Part of reading all of the sports pages (in print or online) is that I come across great reporting gems such as this one about celebrity boxing matches.

The top draw--Jose Canseco vs. Lenny "Nails" Dykstra.  Jose was always a bum in my opinion.  So much wasted potential as a ball player.  Of course this potential might not have existed without steroids.  Nails never had the greatest talent on the field, but at least he played hard.  Too bad the Mitchell report ruined Nails credibility by labeling Dykstra as a juicer.

But the rest of the card is hillarious.  The highlights of the undercard are: 

Nadya Suleman (Octomom) vs. Amy Fisher
Kato Kaelin vs. Tareq Salahi

Of course I agree with the author of the above linked story that in someway this is related to the continued downfall of western civilization and not worth the $20 pay per view cost.  So, someone else watch it and tell me how it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment