Monday, November 2, 2015

Congrats K.C.

Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals, World Series Champions 2015.  The Royals are the one team in professional baseball that I follow each year.  My family lived in the Kansas City metro area while my father was in seminary in the mid 1970s and I became a fan in the age of George Brett, Freddie Patek, Frank White, John Mayberry, John Wathan, Buck Martinez, Amos Otis, Willie Wilson, Al Cowens, Hal McRae, Al Fitzmorrs, Paul Splittorff, Dennis Leaonard, Doug Bird, and Mark Littell.  I watched in great angst as Buddy Biancalana became an unlikely post season hero in 1985 after batting under the Mendoza line for the regular season and Saberhagen, Black, Gubicza, Leibrandt and Quisenberry provided the pitching.  Wilson, Motley and Sheridan patrolled the outfield while Wathan and Sundberg did the catching.  Brett and White remained, joined by Steve Balboni and Concepcion platooning with Biancalana at shortstop.  I can probably name about five or six of this year's roster, but congrats guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment