Thursday, March 27, 2014

Rob Ford, is He "Da Man" or what?

I decided to finally read something about Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.  I would guess that most people know that Ford was filmed smoking crack.  He remains defiant about the issue and refuses to give up being Mayor.  Right now the Mayoral election race is in full swing--interesting, there was a debate last night and I did not see anything about it on any local tv station as I perused before going to sleep last night and before going to my first meeting today.  I gotta ask, though, is Ford da' man with his attitude about the issue?

Asked if he was surprised none of the other candidates mentioned his crack cocaine use and it didn't come up until a reporter asked about it, Ford shrugged.
"They can mention that until the cows come home," he said. "That's water under the bridge. People are sick and tired of listening to this over and over and over again.
"What they really want to know is how much did the police spend on investigating this? This must be, they keep going on, going down to San Diego, going here and there, they must be close to $2 million."

The quote came in an article in the Toronto Sun that I read today.  What puzzles me, though, is that no article I read about the debate actually said anything about any policy disagreements, and issue disagreements between candidates.  In fact, no article said much of anything except that Ford busted the chops of a reporter about the crack cocaine issue.  For my two cents, wow, Ford must be da' man if no reporter is going to take him to task for his job as Mayor and they back down as soon as he huffs up about the cocaine incident.  Or maybe I just do not understand Canadian critiques and journalism.  Oh well, I'm going to another meeting and then to wander around Toronto for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment