Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Post ISA Report

I originally thought I would blog about my ISA experience in Toronto earlier in the week, but then reality set in for me.  I spent the weekend dealing with family issues that one must take care of after being out of town for a week.  I spent Monday getting back to work.  Tuesday was spent preparing for and meeting with the IRB (I have a few paperwork issues to finalize, but general approval for conducting surveys related to my next project was granted). 

ISA was a great time as always.  I enjoyed reconnecting with classmates from grad school, hearing and seeing the broad volume of academic and public policy work being done by newer and older scholars. My panel went well, those I visited were interesting.  Met with Joe Jaeger from the Statecraft simulation team, good people and they are making fun and interesting updates to the simulation.

I enjoyed some good food and some good tourist stuff.  I recommend Hakka cuisine (think Chinese soul food), and aquariums are a blast.





For my two cents, if you go to Toronto try out Yueh Tung (Chinese Hakka cuisine) in the downtown area for great food and go visit the Ripley Aquarium (great shark and ray tanks).  

No comments:

Post a Comment