Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Whatever

Ok, maybe I should blog about Ukraine.  Well, lots of scholars much more prolifically published and much better connected to the policy world than I are already blogging on this subject.  For my two cents, Ukraine is not a particularly important security issue for the U.S.  Ukraine is a tangentially important economic issue.  Considering these factors, I am unsure that any direct action on the part of the U.S. is useful, fruitful, or desirable.  So, despite my dislike for the Obama administration, what they are doing is what should be done at this point in time.  So, whatever...

On the other hand, this week is dedicated to grading papers and exams.  Spring Break exists for students, not graduates or faculty.  What I am wondering right now is why students cannot seem to incorporate course reading materials, lectures, and video lectures into their answers.  I read their answers and know where the facts come from, where the ideas arise, where the argument is first made, so why can my students not incorporate a simple thing called a citation to show that they also know what I know?

Oh well, back to watching paint dry, and leaves fall, otherwise known as grading.



No comments:

Post a Comment