Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Favorite Handguns

I warned some of my students earlier that I felt the need to blog on my favorite handguns today--so here goes my two cents.

Of course, there can be no doubt about my favorite handgun of all time, but before I get there I need to list the others.

10) Ruger Blackhawk .357

 9)  Colt Python Elite (6" barrel) .357

 8)  Bersa Thunder .380 (ok, so the .380 is a dainty little round, but this one is easy to carry hidden and was one of my first purchases of a handgun)


 7) FN Browning HP (no big fan of 9mm, but without this design the best would never have happened)

 6) Israeli Desert Eagle .41, .44, .50AE  (too big for my hand, but outrageous firearm)

 5) CZ 75/Tanfoglio EAA Witness .40  (love the ergonomics of the CZ 75 design, and in composites made by Tanfoglio for EAA, sweet shooter)


 4) Colt Mustang .380  (really like this little number and now you can get it in stainless)

 3) Sig P220 .45ACP (only shot it once, want to shoot it more)

 2) Walther P99 .40 S&W (what James Bond now carries, what I would carry if not for #1)
 

 1) model 1911 .45ACP  (I don't think I have to say more, buy one, two, three or more, you'll like it.  picture below is my current in regular use variant of this wonderful firearm)
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Dr. Stanton. If I ever buy a handgun, I now am properly educated about some of my options.

    -Rachel Lee

    ReplyDelete