Thursday, October 20, 2011

Round Two of Watching Leaves Fall

Hey, just another day in the life of a college professor.  I started the day by vacuuming floors and then steam cleaning them.  No complaints about it really.  I had the time to do it.  Good news is that this kept me away from my other task for the end of the week...grading 78 5-7 page analytical reviews.  Maybe I ought not give so many writing assignments.  Wait, if I did not give these assignments I would be like the bozos in my field that I dislike for their lack of industry and their desire to be either popular with the students or unencumbered by anything other than research.  While I enjoy research and engage in as much as possible, many of us seem to forget that part of being an academic is teaching and this requires work beyond just lecturing.  Thanks Steve for teaching me to be conscientious about teaching in all its aspects--lecturing, testing, and grading.

No comments:

Post a Comment