Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 10's: Cigars

A few months ago I did my first top 10 list--War Movies.  So, here is my second--Cigars.  Of course, this is biased by several factors.  Foremost, I do not have an unlimited luxury allowance that makes it possible for me to smoke cigars that cost $20 per stick at wholesale prices.  So, I try to find the best cigars for the money I can afford and my list will reflect this fact.  Second, I have simply not tried every cigar out there that I could try because I have particular taste that I am trying to satisfy.  Third, I decided to only include cigars that I have smoked at least 10 sticks in the last 5-6 years.  In short, if you do not like my top 10, pick your own.

1) Bolivar Belicosos Finos (Cuba)
1A) Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #2 (Cuba)
3) Gurkha Legend Aniversario (Nicaraguan/Dominican/Honduran)
4) Gurkha Titan (Nicaraguan/Honduran/Colombian/Costa Rican)
5) Partagas Serie D #4 (Cuba)
6) Gurkha Beast (Domincan/Honduran/Colombian/Costa Rican)
7) Montecristo No. 4 (Cuba)
8) Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art (Domican/Cameroon)
9) Carlos Torano Signature Series Toro (Domincan/Nicaraguan)
10) Oliva Serie O Robusto (Nicaragua)

Wow, making this list was really hard after number 5.  I can think of about 10 other cigars that I could put in the 6-10 slots as easily as those I did put in there--Padron, CAO Brazilia, Carlos Torano Exodus, Gurkha Assassin, and on and on and on.  If my list seems high on Gurkha--well, KH makes some great cigars (he also makes some crappy blends as well for those of poor to downright bad taste).  If it seems short on mild cigars--so what, I prefer flavor and heft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment