Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl Commercials

I will not bother wasting your time with the list of bad and so-so commercials.  In fact, there were only two that mad me laugh and one other that made me smile.  Overall, I would judge this year a loser for Super Bowl commercials.  Not even a top 5 list today, so here are my top 3 commercials from the Super Bowl.

3.  Pete Rose's Skecher's Ad

I still think it is a travest that Rose is banned not just from playing/coaching/managing baseball but from the HOF as well.  At least Charlie Hustle was not doping, heck he did not even shave points, he bet on his own team to win (if he had doubts about their ability to win, he did not place a bet on his team).  Hats off to you Pete, glad to see you can make jokes at your own situation.

2.  Liam Neeson Clash of Clans

Honestly I do not really care about video games much at all.  Sure, I play video games with my sons a few times a year, but not a big concern for me.  But this was good for two reasons.  One, Clash of Clans has a few commercials that have led me to ask my sons about the game and this commercial just added to that curiosity.  Two, Liam Neeson was funny and Clash of Clans as a title relates somehow to Clash of the Titans (remake not as great as original, but good stuff).

For My Two Cents, the best of the ads:

1.  Snickers Brady Bunch Parody

Cool stuff here, Danny Trejo and Steve Buscemi, hillarious.  As a kid in the 1970s we watched Brady Bunch reruns in the afternoons, heck we had three channels what else were we supposed to watch? Danny Trejo's axe to the table made it better than the original scene by far.

I am sure some people out there think that cute puppy dog ads are cool.  But I have to look at the product being sold and sorry Budweiser, I prefer beer to swill.  Same with the human Pacman commercial for Bud Light (light swill), though this last one almost made my list because I spent way too many quarters in that machine.  Coca-Cola thinks they can make people happier and less angry online, the only thing that will solve cyber angriness/bullying/stupidity is forcing people to say anything face to face that they (hey you know who you are) would write online--most of you are two chicken @#$% to say anything to anyone's face, which is why you (and you know who you are) are online.  Sorry Nissan, even though I am a dad, heartstring pulling does not work with me so you don't make the list.  Dumbest commercial of the day has to go to Nationwide sell me insurance by saying that insurance ownership will keep accidental child deaths from happening; having insurance does not keep anything from happening, it reimburses you/protects you financially when something does happen.

I almost forgot one commercial that did not make me chuckle, but did not make me go back to reading the newspaper:

Honorable Mention: Mexican Avocados First Draft:

I feel for Polar Bear, but at least Polar Bear did not get drafted by Mexico or Brazil.



No comments:

Post a Comment