Monday, February 2, 2015

MMR--hmmm, brains seem to be optional

MMR, measles/mumps/rubella three simple words, three deadly diseases, one shot to keep it all away.  I have had my shot, three times.  I got it while a military dependent, could not find the shot record and had to get it again when I joined the military, had to get it AGAIN when I re-enrolled in college after the military and could not find the shot record, AGAIN (moral to this story, do not lose shot records).  My children, my wife, and I have had the vaccination, so no woe to you un-vaxxed dumb-@#$es out there from me, but I hope that you get pegged for not being vaccinated and lose your shirt, shoes, and undergarments in the lawsuits that follow.  Oh wait, we allow people to opt out in the U.S. for religious reasons, etc.  And, we cannot control--why not?--entry into this country by un-vaccinated individuals.

My two cents, ban people from public venues who cannot prove they are vaccinated? Or, make the owner/renter/financial gainer from use of the public venue fiscally responsible for costs associated with spread of MMR from allowing un-vaccinated customers.  Further, if I can be denied entry into countries without proof of vaccination against certain diseases/fevers, why the heck is it not possible for the U.S. government to deny entry into the U.S. by anyone who cannot show proof of MMR vaccination.  You can even set up vaccination centers in airports for those who show up without proof of vaccination (these practices exist in many countries already).

I may be a lousy father--gruff, mean, demanding, selfish, etc.--but those of you who refuse to get your kids vaccinated, you are really lousy parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment