Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

If I were politically correct I would say happy holidays, but since I am not and have not been called politically correct, I'll stick to saying Merry Christmas.  For my two cents, call it what you want and don't worry about everyone's feelings.  If you want to say Happy Kwanza, go for it, Happy Festivus (I have never watched Seinfeld, but hey why not?).  People need to stop being so asininely offended over every little stinking thing.  So Merry Christmas, I am a Christian and celebrate the holiday in remembrance of the birth of Jesus Christ and I will do so without shame and without bothering to worry about offending everyone else.  By the way, Jews should say Happy Hanukkah without worrying that they have offended a Christian.  And if you want to say Happy Winter Solstice, good for you.  Anyway, on to the reason for making a post this afternoon.

On Christmas Eve my family and I watch movies together as we relax, cook, do whatever last minute stuff needs to be done before Christmas day.  Today we have watched Les Miserables (the 2012 edition with Jackman and Crowe).  We then watched what will be watched again for the next several years--Joyeux Noel.  As a professor of death, destruction, and mayhem, this movie was touching on several levels.  As a former airman, with several friends who serve as soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen, this movie was even more touching.  For my two cents, this movie is worthy of Christmas classic status.


I hope some of my few readers might find this movie inspirational in a time where death, destruction, and mayhem seems to be the way of human life.

Merry Christmas.

and, on a self-serving, personal note, happy Anniversary Vicki.  (she has now put up with me for 14 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment