Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Beer Time


For my two cents, you can take all of your spiced up, fruited up Christmas brews and pour them down the drain.  My opinion does not mean that all addition of flavors to brews is bad, just that I do not prefer traditional winter/Christmas seasonal brews.  For the Christmas season and New Year's season I recommend to you Wolaver's Alta Gracia Coffee Porter.

The Alta Gracia Coffee Porter is brewed with coffee beans from the Alta Gracia region of the Dominican Republic.  The brewing process also includes a hint of vanilla--not sure of the origin.  If you are a coffee lover or an iced-coffee lover, I would almost guarantee (hey I'm a social scientist, everything is almost for us, since 5% error is acceptable) you will find this brew to your taste.  

The coffee is obvious when the aroma hits your nose, The head is thin and goes away quickly (a bit of a disappointment, as I believe a hardier head keeps the beer's best aromas up front).  Never really tasted the vanilla, but do get some dark chocolate and caramel notes on the finish.  So this joyous Christmas season, take a try on a bottle of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment