Friday, November 16, 2018

Top 10 Christmas Movies

As Thanksgiving approaches I am struck by two things.  One, how thankful I really am to be living where I live, married to my wife, raising my boys, serving in my community.  Two, boy are there way too many Christmas movies, Christmas sales, Christmas everything happening before we even celebrate Thanksgiving.   But hey, I can be shallow too.  I am pretty sure I have done this before, but can't remember or find it or something but, for my two cents, here are the top 10 Christmas Movies of all time.

10.  It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
Yes, many would rank this movie higher.  I like Jimmy Stewart, heck he was even born and raised less than 2 hours away from where I live right now.  But, this is my list.

9.  Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Please, don't colorize this classic.  The 1994 remake stinks to high heavens, it was not necessary to remake this classic.  I still watch this movie at least once every Christmas season.  I even think this one is my sister's favorite.

8.  Scrooged (1988)/A Christmas Carol (1984)
Bill Murray at his best.  George C. Scott playing someone other than Patton.  I enjoy watching movie versions of A Christmas Carol, nothing screams hot chocolate like Ebeneezer Scrooge.

7.  Home Alone (1990)/Home Alone 2 (1992)
Kevin...need I say anything more about why these two are great Christmas movies.

6.  A Christmas Story (1983)
Ralphie is great.  But TBS/TNT whichever one of you it is...24 hours of this is way too much.

5.  The Polar Express (2004)
Ok, maybe this one calls for more hot chocolate than Scrooged, but this one doesn't call for the hot chocolate to be laced with spiced rum.

4. Lethal Weapon (1987)
I watch this on Christmas Eve regularly.  Blue and Red lights, Red and Green lights, close enough...


3.  Christmas Vacation (1989)


2.  Die Hard 2 (1990)
Nothing says Merry Christmas like airplanes blowing up in a snowstorm, while bullets and explosions rock the airport on Christmas Eve.





1. Die Hard (1988)
Alright, maybe this collection of bullets, explosions, etc. says Merry Christmas better than Die Hard 2.  But I watch both during the Christmas season just to make sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment