Monday, September 12, 2016

I'm Back

So, I took the summer off from thinking about much of anything.  I focused instead on a few research projects--hope to finish one major project in next year, did finish a conference paper over the summer.  Instead of blogging, I spent the summer skulking around on facebook and commenting on various posts at length.  Some of my comments led to good digital communication for all parties involved, others showed that for a certain part of the population the ability to be anonymous, or digitally separated means not having to be thoughtful, reasonable, or civil.  People read as they want to read and hear the inner voice they want to hear when reading, which often leads to boorish behavior on digital media.  I am not blogging because I have an issue with digital media today, though, just blogging to say I am back and will resume giving my two cents about issues of interest to myself.

Today I am thinking about Football.  Late summer is a wonderful time of the year when I can go to a JR high game on Wednesday, a HS Varsity game on Friday night, a HS JV game on Saturday morning, youth football on Saturday afternoon, and watch college football the rest of Saturday.  Great OT win Hogs.  Bama has a great defense.  The Grove City Eagles are undefeated at all levels right now.  And hey, on Sunday afternoon I napped my way through parts of the Green Bay Packers' win over Jacksonville.  For my two cents, the best time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment