Monday, October 5, 2015

Baseball Season Nears the End

I am not a very active professional baseball fan.  I prefer high school and college sports to professional sports.  I have too many other things to do to watch three to four hours four to five days per week to follow a team closely.  But, thanks to my parents and some very good kindergarten and 1st grade instructors, I do know how to read and so I can follow baseball with about 15 minutes of reading a few days per week and a few peeks at the crawler on the bottom of the screen on ESPN.  Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure, I am a Kansas City Royals fan (have been since I lived there in the mid 1970s while my dad was in seminary at Midwestern Theological).

For my two cents, hats off to the NL Central, hands down the toughest group of teams in professional baseball this year.  The top three teams in this division had better win-loss records than the Royals, who had the best record in the AL.  As the end of the season and the World Series approach, sit back and enjoy some of the best baseball of the year.  I'll even make time to watch three or four hours of playoff ball.  Go Royals.

No comments:

Post a Comment