Friday, July 31, 2015

Endame Salad

News flash, on occasion I do try to eat somewhat healthy.  To go with my wine of choice this evening I made an endame salad.

Endame (20 oz), corn (16 oz), black beans (15 oz), chickpeas (15 oz), onions (1 large onion), 1 jar (15- 16 oz) in water roasted red peppers (take out of jar and dice them), ground cumin, hickory smoked sea salt, minced garlic, and fresh cracked black pepper (spices to taste) are the ingredients.  Either buy frozen or freeze corn cut off the cob.  Use shelled endame (soy beans).  It does not matter if the black beans and chickpeas are frozen or canned (if frozen, thaw them out).  Saute the corn for about 2 minutes in a non-stick or cast iron pan over medium high heat (I work with a gas stove in stainless steel or my steel wok). Then add the onion and stir until onion is translucent, add in the endame, black beans, chickpeas, roasted peppers, and spices and stir for about 5 minutes until everything is warm.  Eat it then, or let it cool in refrigerator for a few hours.  I freeze about half of what I make as this is a fairly dense salad.  Can also be used as dip (chips and salsa style).  Goes really well with chilled cabernet blanc or pinot gris (pinot grigio).  I have even had it with Cabernet Sauvignon, but for most people recommend it with the chilled white.

No comments:

Post a Comment