Monday, May 2, 2011

Well Done, finally.

In case you have not paid the slightest attention to any news outlet in the last day, Osama bin Laden is dead--at least according to the U.S. military and President Obama.  You can read about the raid and Osama's burial at sea here.  I do have a bee in my bonnet though, actually two, that need to be considered.

One, is Obama really dead?  Will we get to see photographs that give any conclusive proof?  Or do we have to take the word of the U.S. Government.  I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I trust in God, others must provide convincing evidence and data.

Two, to the thousands of U.S. citizens that I saw dancing in streets and partying outside the Whitehouse in reaction to the news of bin Laden's death I say, "grow up, show some maturity, act like we have accomplished our goals before."  There is no joy to be had in the death of a human, not even in the death of our enemies.  I would gladly have pulled a trigger on bin Laden.  I will not dance in the street at his death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment