Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Risotto

Lately I have become a big fan of risotto.  I had not eaten much risotto in the past 15 to 20 years, but in the last year I have had it numerous times prepared in a variety of ways.  The most enjoyable risotto I have recently had
opportunity to savor was a garlic and leek risotto with roasted red peppers and strips of filet mignon. 

I have also started dabbling in making my own risotto.  I recently made a garlic and shallot based risotto with basil, oregano, pine nuts, and salame Toscano finely sliced and diced added into the mix.  My only question when I finished this effort was what is the best wine pairing to serve with such a dish?  So, help me out, send me your thoughts on best wine pairing for the type of risotto I prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment