Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bowl Thoughts

The Super Bowl is over.  If you like defensive football, it was a pretty good game.  If you came to see offensive fireworks, the game stunk.  Come to think of it, the great defense last night on both sides made the offenses look bad, not just in execution of plays but in the number of pre-snap infractions.  For my two cents here are a few thoughts on the game, commercials, etc.

One, still not impressed by Gaga.  As far as I am concerned not many performers impress me with the singing of the national anthem, probably because they perform it rather than just singing the anthem.  But, hey, as my father noted, at least Gaga kept her clothes on for the anthem.

Two, I do watch the game partly for the commercials and this year's commercials left almost as much to be desired as last year's commercials.  The best, in my opinion:


Sorry Helen Miren, but any commercial for Bu@#-wiper Beer does not rate highly with me.

Three, I rooted for an earthquake--this was close to the San Andreas Fault, right?  No way I was rooting for a Manning, particularly for the creamsicle orange wearing Peyton.  Do not even get me started on Scam Newton--ok, maybe get me started a little.

Four, Roll Tide Roll.  Even though Roman Harper did not get the win, Evan Mathis did.  One of my favorite DBs at Alabama and one of my favorite linemen from Alabama were both in the game.  Congrats guys, thanks for your time at Alabama.

Five, a former SEC player Von Miller from Texas A&M was awarded the MVP.  I can live with that because he is from the SEC and played well last night.  Do you know who else is from the SEC and did not play well last night--yep, you got it, Scam Newton.

Five, by the way, I can care less about Scam walking out on the interview.  Pitch a fit in the endzone, cry when it does not go your way.  Smile, dance, do charity work when the cameras are on you and you are winning.  Whatever, I do not watch the game for the post game interviews, I watch the game to watch the game, so if Scam wants to cry let him, if he wants to pout let him, if he wants to Dab so what.  We all know that Scam is all about Scam and could care less about the reputation of his team or the game, who cares.

Ya'll take care now, time to start reading about baseball and off season workouts for the Crimson Tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment