Friday, January 29, 2016

Litvinenko and Kaczynski

Quick what do a former KGB/FSB agent turned exile assassinated in London and the Unabomber have in common?  Not much at all, except they are filling up my time in the last 10 days.  I was happily reading away in the 329 page document that is the judge's report on the Litvinenko assassination inquiry and wham...a series of articles released based on the prison correspondence of Ted Kaczynski.  I am always fascinated with the mind of geniuses--which is Kaczynski.  I am always fascinated by trying to understand lone-wolf perpetrators of terrorist actions--which is also Kacynski.  And I am equally fascinated by conspiracy theories and potential exposure of government agents perpetrating criminal actions--which is the Litvinenko inquiry document.

For my two cents, no way to absolve the Unabomber of the guilt of his actions.  But I find it fascinating how he talks about love for his fellow man being not out of character with great hatred toward some of mankind.  The letters written by Kaczynski and publicly released as part of these articles released recently are some of the more interesting reading I have done in months.  Go check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment