Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Remembrance for Charlie Hebdo

Sad stuff today in Paris.  I really don't care a whole lot for a whole lot of Charlie Hebdo cartoons and cacophony.  However, for my own two cents, channeling my inner Voltaire, I do believe I would defend (and did imperil my life at one point in time) to the death the right of a free press.  Charlie Hebdo has correctly pointed out at times the inconsistency with which we apply rules regarding what is and is not appropriate use of satire and criticism in the press (cartoons about how it is acceptable to say bad things about Islam, but saying something negative about Israel/Judaism is unacceptable).

So in honor of the fallen at Charlie Hebdo this day in Paris, I offer the following cartoons/pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment