Wednesday, June 11, 2014

An Actual "Cold" War?

Well, my title is kinda silly I think.  But the purpose is to get someone's attention long enough to get readers to consider some information.  And, in the case of this information it does deal with cold climates and spying.

I found this story in the AP wire line (by way of Yahoo News) to be interesting.  That Norway purchased a spy ship may seem interesting, but remember that the Norwegian navy has a fairly effective submarine force and submarine forces are about stealth, deception, and spying.  The article goes on to explain the geopolitical and economic concerns surrounding the melting of artic ice and ability to navigate these waters.  For my two cents, I was fairly surprised by the extensive amount of espionage activity related to this issue area.  I will have to spend some time considering this area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment